Lightning Web Components (LWC) have emerged as a powerful programming model for developing web components. Significantly bolstering web standards, it is compatible with the Aura programming model, coexisting with the same. However, the performance of LWC remains unparalleled, which delivers a competitive advantage to its users.
Web Components have the ability to leverage elements, shadow DOM, modules, templates and various language constructs in ECMAScript 7 and more. Implementing LWC in your business, you can enhance your Salesforce lightning platform, propelling it to use web standards for developing UI.
Benefits of using Lightning Web Components
The prime benefit of implementing LWC is its speed, security and lightweight nature. Using LWC, business owners benefit from a dedicated layer of Salesforce services on the core stack. This includes Lightning Data Service, base lightning components and User Interface API. Although one cannot compose Lightning web components from Aura components, the reverse mechanism is possible.
Have a look at the advantages of implementing Lightning web components.
- LWC, being fast, offers greater speed
- For older browsers, LWC provides polyfill automatically, which in the normal case would not be supporting the basic web standards (web components, shadow dom, etc.)
- It is light in weight
- It offers better compatibility with browsers and enhanced security
How can LWC strengthen your business?
Let’s explore how you can leverage your business using LWC.
LWC delivers unparalleled performance, which happens to be its prime advantage.
- Besides, you have an enhanced DOM render engine. As compared to Aura component, you would enjoy a higher speed in component rendering.
Compatibility across browsers
- Apps deliver an enjoyable experience to users, deploying SLDS (responsive design). Lightning Component supports the most advanced browser technologies like CSS3, HTML5 and touch events.
- Salesforce Lightning Design System (SLDS) enables business owners to style the respective components the way they want. Therefore, you can customize the components as required. In a nutshell, business owners need not be concerned about responsive behaviour.
LWC enables teams to carry out their tasks faster with sophisticated components, working seamlessly with mobile and desktop devices. The entire developmental efficiency gets a boost, along with parallel designing with components.
Evidently, LWC enables users to come up with generic components for a seamless performance. The Admin, implementing the Lightning App Builder simply needs to drag and drop them on the necessary page while using the generic component.
Other advantages of deploying LWC is that you can avoid ViewState Error altogether and experience a two-way binding process. This justifies why forward-thinking businesses have been deploying Lightning Web Components lately into their respective frameworks.
In our recent webinar on ‘How to increase your salesforce application performance by leveraging the platform ‘Cache’ using LWC’, we discuss how businesses can reap more benefits out of their salesforce apps using LWC as the framework model that is required to make contact with the database. The webinar recording is available under the webinars section of our website.