Almost the entire 2020 passed by in finding ways to avoid human-to-human contact yet keep businesses running as usual. Herein, businesses took a digital turn to stay safe and relevant in such testing times. And, the drill is not over yet!
With a focus on adjusting to the new ‘normal’, businesses need to go the digital way at both backend and frontend as a dependable strategy. What they started as an additional growth plan has now become a primary consideration.
Here are some statistics that show why following digital transformation trends have become imperative.
- About 21% companies had adopted digital transformation-centric business models by the end of 2019
- Faster time to market, need to increase operational efficiency, and ways to serve customers staying at home drove about 60% businesses to have digital transformation policies in place
- Every part of business, be it B2B for seamless production or, B2C for better connectivity and faster service, kept digital quality assurance at the core of development. Processes faster by about 40% made it possible for businesses to be operationally fluent.
It won’t be an understatement if we say that the adoption of digitization and digitally managed solutions have become predominantly a reality of the present times rather than something futuristic. Let’s take a look at the digital transformation trends the businesses need to keep up with because what transpired in 2019 end was just the start!
1. Better Connectivity Solutions Adoption
There is no denying that largely only businesses that had the digital framework of managing operations in place, survived 2020. These businesses could kickstart a backup plan faster than others.
Their ability to offer seamlessness in the working environment and continuation of processes remained unaffected because of their constructive perspective on digital transformation needs. So, here is an overview of what changes to expect in digital space connectivity wise.
- At present, BYOD policy has stretched a step further and companies guide the employees to ‘Make your Own Workplace’ with Work-from-Home policy implementation. This is going to be the work norm for next year as well. So, connectivity of better quality is going to be the focus of upgrade plans. If 4G connectivity moved the scene to better results, the next 5G move would be the torchbearer of digital transformation drive empowered further with digital quality assurance.
- The need to reach people right at their doorsteps made way for several types of apps, which no one thought about until now. However, in 2021, only rolling out apps will not guarantee success; it will require delivering a quality connectivity experience. Apps with fast loading graphics, integrating different tools, and providing faster access to each of those will be the business’s all-in-one seller, promoter, and facilitator. The use of 3D for product display, digital trial rooms for apparel buying, grocery list apps are the new developments that are going to need hyper-connectivity solutions and make B2C space more advanced in terms of digital quality assurance.
- End-to-end solution for product planning and warehousing: The core of any manufacturing and supplies business is a product. At every stage, right from planning to delivering it at the customers’ touchpoints, the digital solutions have left their mark. This presence has to be enhanced, which will be possible only due to fast connected people, machines, and spaces.
2. More Automation-Focused Designing
More automation and less human intervention are the two emerging requirements in business model designing in the wake of the pandemic’s on-going effects on workforce availability.
From the time IoT was introduced, it has come a long way. What started as a revolutionary solution for supply chain management (in the year 1999), became a household thing with connected devices working to bring the smart house concept into a tangible form.
In 2021, this automation process will see the next level of digital quality assurance deliverability. The IoT offered machine-to-machine interaction ease. With voice recognition-based devices, human-machine connectivity became possible to achieve. IoT in 2021 will be moving to provide a human-machine-human interaction model with enhanced automation added to this interaction.
Businesses are likely to develop devices that operate on a remote command and pre-fed instructions and let the end-user have more automated solutions with minimal manual intervention. If we look at the world around us, the shrinking economies, dwindling workforce, and need to find more cost-efficient solutions have made automation a necessity to sail through the coming few years.
The need to make more intuitive solutions and the prevalence of data science, AI, and machine learning in designing has offered unprecedented settings for applying these on larger scales.
So, 2021 is going to be the year of the automation boom, the least to say!
3. More Secured Solutions
With online space clamored with growing numbers of users, an increase in vulnerabilities needs staying prepared. The strongest indicator for the need for more secured solutions comes from Google’s December Core Algorithm that has put security solutions amongst the most important must-haves for the pages to rank better.
This requirement of being equipped with an impregnable security solution indicates that businesses now need firewalls, SSL certificates, and anti-virus solutions more than ever.
It is a definite possibility of cyberattacks to pose challenges for the business operations following a digitized process. Thus, businesses running on digitized solutions will have to be one step ahead in security management matters. Secondly, apart from making the platforms impregnable, the need to protect customer data is also a prerequisite. Understandably, the businesses will require more transparency in their way of handling data to earn customer trust.
4. An Enhanced Personal Touch in all Services Managed Digitally
There is a joke running in social media circles, ‘My favorite hobby these days is to track my order.’ It says almost everything about the need to have personalized service models supported by digital tools. When there is a mention of digital transformation, customer satisfaction is its prime objective. Hence, to ensure that customers do not feel stranded or lost, the design of digital solutions would be more customized in 2021.
In addition to personalization, the element of immediacy will be another most sought-after feature in DX adoption. Being fastest in providing solutions would prove to be the biggest game-changer as consumers will be more spoilt with choices with so much action happening.
5. More Human-Like Technology-Driven Interactions
Businesses’ customer service models run by digitally transformed solutions like AI chatbots, Live chat window, etc., and the number of enterprises using these solutions is increasing rapidly. The use of these tools is going to be more rampant in the next few quarters. Since a business’s success will depend on user experience, the inclusion of features offering digital quality assurance in AI chatbots, email marketing, and explainer videos will be at the helm of the DX plans.
If you want to stay ahead of the competition, override the odds, and be more consumer-centric, prepare to keep up with the trends mentioned above. These will be present around in a full-blown manner in 2021 and the years to follow.