Anything that is elastic has the ability to retain its original form when released from the point of full throttle. It also means that the entity can be scaled up or down as per the given conditions. The same concept is now being applied to the process of quality assurance.
If we go through a quick recap of the definition of quality assurance, it means the process that ensures the application, functionality or product behaves as per the given standards of compliance, safety and quality. It also means that the customer cultivates the best experiences while using the product or app and is sure to recommend it to others.
What is Elastic QA and What Does it Mean?
Elastic QA is an innovative concept where the humans and the technology stack team work together to give the best touch to the product before rolling it out in the market.
This term is doing rounds among digital quality assurance experts of late. It is because of the relevance it brings to the table.
It is quite a well-known fact that not all applications or businesses work at the same scale. They may have different sets and sizes of people to cater to. Thus, the expected quality parameters cannot be the same too. That is why Elastic QA seems to be the best option for modern digital quality assurance experts who can give the best results by bringing in the flexibility quotient to the process.
Who Needs an Elastic QA Process?
There is not a single category that can be pinpointed as the perfect candidate for the elastic QA process. In fact, almost every modern business entity can adopt this quality check procedure, and continue to deliver quality.
Elastic QA for digital quality assurance is the best choice for the companies that roll out products with the following characteristics:
- Need to upgrade products often
- Require regular checking and inclusion of new features
- And the product management team is exposed to escalation too
For instance, an app development company constantly releasing the latest and more compatible versions of its app, say an iOS app, would need elastic QA to timely and accurately test the app versions. Many companies even have weekly updates on their apps; this is exactly where elastic QA becomes a savior of time and money.
Benefits of Elastic QA
Elastic QA has given digital quality assurance management companies an easily wieldable tool. The companies have reported the following benefits that they enjoyed with the use of elastic stack:
- Speed: The elastic.co website reported that their shifting to elastic QA enabled them to achieve about 2 million automated test results in a year, which they call one of the most productive ones too.
- Accuracy: Accuracy is indispensable in testing. Imagine a car brushing off the pillar due to radar dysfunction or an app leaving consumers stuck on the same page due to poor performance testing! These quality assurance accuracy testing examples show how elastic QA can change the results for the better. Elasticity, coupled with machine learning, natural language processing and other semi-intelligent tools allow testers to keep reinvigorating the product as per the changing expectations of the people.
- Better Control: With the virtues of speed, accuracy and timeliness come the advantage of better control. The business owners can collaborate with the experts exactly as per their needs and get assurance of all the best or time-relevant features included in the product.
The main motive of app development and upgrade is to allow users to enjoy a better experience on one hand, and impart enhanced operational control to the business managers or owners. Thus, there is never a gap in understanding about what to offer to customers and how to assign the resources to meet objectives.
This gives way to better structuring of expenses, which is further explained in the next point that talks about cost-saving.
- Cost-saving: Software errors cost up to trillions to US businesses. With the help of elastic QA, these costs are reduced considerably. The additional bonus in the form of customer experience brings more value to the business and helps achieve a better reputation.
The Right Time to Invest in Elastic QA is Now!
If you have not invested in Elastic QA as yet, the right time to do it is now. As a business owner, you can enjoy benefits like:
- Incorporation of better and high-quality features as per the customer experience
- Identification of pain points and plugging them as per the analytics and feedback analysis
- Load testing, performance testing and other stress points help understand all the upgradation/experience generation requirements and proceed with better solutions.
- Identify newer ways of engaging new and existing customers and providing them with better solutions.
How to Implement Elastic QA
Elastic QA implementation is a simpler task than what most entities believe. It involves automated testing of various code bases. Different perspectives are taken into consideration while performing QA. In a typical Elastic QA, three types of tests are involved:
- JAVA unit tests
- REST tests, and
- Integration tests
The basic testing level comprises all traditional tests. Further moving up, the tests are performed cluster-wise. Testing in clusters allows us to check if all modules are working in a positive manner. It is also the matter of understanding how the modules behave with each other when made to work individually or in relation to one another.
Another point of implementation covered is backward compatibility testing. It is a matter of common occurrence that the operating systems or devices are older in versions, but the applications are not. Hence, compatibility backwards is also a solicited quality if the applications need to be relevant amidst competitors.
Thus, implementation requires an automated set-up. It is explained in easy terms to the users. The best part is that the process will not require more than a few clicks. So, there will never be any excuse for not trying elastic QA and simplifying the testing processes.
With all these features to wield and understand, the businesses get a very flexible way of improving quality and product feature enhancement with elastic QA. So, when you choose to be the market leader or want to foray into a new venture as a start-up, you can employ the best options like elastic QA. It is sure to give you the best support for entering the market with enhanced confidence and a realistic approach, which is free from human error as well.